Something that I’ve really gotten into lately is essential oils and how to incorporate them into my daily routines.
When I first began making my own beauty products years ago, it took me a while to buy my first essential oils. In my ignorance I only purchased the least expensive oils I could find and ultimately ended up wasting money.
It has taken quite a while for me to find the quality of essential oils that I am happy with but now that I have, I have been experimenting with blends and different uses for them.
I still have yet to really begin growing my collection but I have a pretty lovely group of oils that I use regularly and I wanted to share some of them.
Sweet Orange Oil
– I love any kind of citrus oil so sweet orange is one of my most reached for essential oils. I use this oil with a nighttime blend for most of my baths since it pairs nicely with just about any other scent.
– Eucalyptus should be one of your first oils to buy if you want to start experimenting with essential oils. It is amazing in nasal steams for when you are sick or battling with seasonal allergies. Eucalyptus often makes an appearance in my essential oil diffuser blends as well.
Cinnamon Leaf Oil
– This essential oil was my first good quality essential oil and I still enjoy and use it quite regularly. I often put a few drops in my diffuser to make my space smell very much like christmas or I use it in the form of a diluted perfume.
– Peppermint essential oil is another one of those oils that you should buy right away if your looking into essential oils. It’s uses are endless but some of the ways that I regularly use it are in facial steams, roll ons for headaches and overheating, and in my diffuser.
Earth and Wood Synergy Blend
– When I first received this essential oil blend I really didn’t like it at first since it was much more woody than I had expected but as I continued to use it, it really began to grow on me. It is made with a blend of cardamom, fir needle, patchouli, and sandalwood which I imagine would be a great scent for men.
I enjoy this blend the most in baths since the water dilutes the scent enough to mellow the earthiness out just enough.
Those are a handful of my most used and liked essential oils and I hope to soon share a post on my favorite essential oil blends for diffusing.
Thank you for taking the time to read today’s blog post and let me know in the comments if any of you have essential oil suggestions.